On January 2nd, 2018, Alberta will open a new provincial nominee program (PNP) called the Alberta Opportunity Stream.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is not currently accepting applications to this program, but potential candidates should find out the requirements and application forms in advance in order to submit when the program opens.
Here is the concise selection criteria for the Alberta Opportunity Stream:
1. At the time of submission of your application and at the time AINP assesses your application, you must be working in an NOC 0, A, B, C or D profession and not part of the ineligible occupations.
2. Valid Work permit for eligible occupations.
3. English and/or French language requirements at CLB level 4.
4. Equivalent of a high school/secondary degree.
5. 1 year of full-time work experience in Alberta OR 2 years of full-time work experience inside or outside Canada in the last 2.5 years.
6. Meet the gross annual income requirement based on your family unit size.
See gross income table.
We will soon find out the number of applications selected for this program as well as its main guidelines. For now, applicants that meet at least these requirements can consider applying for this program in anticipation of the opening date in 2018.
In the meantime, you may consult the AINP's official website for any updates to their program and the full selection criteria.
We will keep you updated once we receive more information regarding this immigration stream!