The deadline to submit your interest form to sponsor your parents or grandparents is February 1st, 2018. This means that if you do not submit the interest form before the deadline, you will not able to sponsor your parents/grandparents in 2018!
In 2018, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will aim to receive a total of 10,000 applications under the parents and grandparents sponsorship category.
The application process can be summarized in 5 steps:
1. You must be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents.
You must be a Canadian permanent resident or citizen
You must be 18 years of age or older
Meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor for three consecutive years
Sign a financial support commitment of 20 years to the person you are sponsoring
2. You must submit the online interest to sponsor form between January 2nd, 2018, 12:00 pm to February 1st, 2018, 12:00 pm.
3. After February 1st, 2018, citizenship and Immigration Canada will randomly select applicants and invite them to apply.
4. If you were randomly selected to apply, you will have 60 days to submit your application.
5. The application fees are as follows:
If you are not invited to apply to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you may still apply in 2019.
You may also apply for a parent and grandparent supervisa in the meantime.