Parents and Grandparents sponsorship opens January 2nd, 2018!
Its that time of the year again!
Canadian permanent residents and citizens who want to sponsor their parents or grandparents to become Canadian in 2018 will have a chance to do so on January 2nd, 2018 at 12:00 pm.
If you are interested in this application, you must make sure to show your interest before February 1st, 2018 at 12:00 PM!
The application process can be summarized in 5 steps:
1. You must be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents. -You must be a Canadian permanent resident or citizen -You must be 18 years of age or older -Meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor for three consecutive years
-Sign a financial support commitment of 20 years to the person you are sponsoring
2. You must submit the online interest to sponsor form between January 2nd, 2018, 12:00 pm to February 1st, 2018, 12:00 pm.
3. After February 1st, 2018, citizenship and Immigration Canada will randomly select applicants and invite them to apply.
4. If you were randomly selected to apply, you will have 90 days to submit your application.
5. The application fees are as follows:
-Sponsorship fee: 75$ -Principal applicant processing fee: 475$ -Right of permanent residence fee: 490$ -Total: 1040$ CAD
If you are not invited to apply to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you may still apply in 2019.
You may also apply for a parent and grandparent supervisa in the meantime.