HURRY! 5 reasons to submit your QSW application before August 2nd, 2018
Immigration Quebec has announced new regulations which will come into effect on August 2nd, 2018 for the regular stream of the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program and have already come into effect for the Programme de l'Experience Quebecoise (PEQ).
Therefore, from today until the end of August 1st, 2018, applicants who are eligible for the Quebec Skilled Workers Program should think about submitting their application for the following 5 reasons:
1. If you submit your application before August 2nd, 2018, you will not be required to submit a declaration of interest, which is an extra application part of the new regulations.
2. Under the new law, applicants who submit the declaration of interest will have to wait to be selected by Immigration Quebec to apply for the QSW program. Under the current regulations, applicants who are eligible to the QSW program can directly submit through Mon Projet's portal. Therefore, you can lock your spot for application processing time if you submit before the regulation change.
3. Under the new regulations, applicants with 50 points will not necessarily be selected by Immigration Quebec. Under current regulations, any applicant who meets the eligibility of the QSW program can apply directly. The points selection grid has also changed for the "Stay in Quebec" factor, which will prevent lots of students without relevant work experience from applying.
4. We don't know how long it will take for the government to invite candidates to apply for QSW after submitting their declaration of interest. We do not know yet which programs have priority and if validated job offers will keep having priority in processing time.
5. We don't know if there will be maximum number or quota of applications starting August 2nd, 2018. At the moment, any application who is eligible for the QSW program can submit directly through the Mon Projet Portal. There may be a maximum number of applications after the new regulations
If you believe that you are eligible to submit an application for the Quebec Skilled Workers program before the regulation change on August 2nd, 2018, we strongly suggest that you evaluate your options and avoid missing out on this opportunity.